Afya Bora is an online data-driven medical appointment scheduling platform and medical marketplace that allows people to access easy, reliable and affordable healthcare services through their mobile phones instantly.
We enable patient’s especially pregnant mothers and women, girls and people with chronic diseases to visit their medical physicians without having to travel long distances. This helps to reduce the congestion of patients in hospitals and doctor rooms, reduce frustration to doctors and nurses, save medical expenditures and provide better and quality healthcare services.
We are a platform that provides mutual financial benefits from No-Claim Discount (NCD) Insurance to both patients and healthcare service providers. This helps them to save more money when obtaining healthcare services and increase doctors and hospitals monthly revenue by generating more customers to them.
1. Establishing mutual partnerships with healthcare service providers who have access to patients who need the booking and online medical consultation service.
2. Aggressive advertising including distribution of public flyers and through radio.
3. Bulk SMS on daily healthcare information to consumers who subscribe to the messages.
4. Social Media platforms including WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.
It’s only 2 months since we launched Afya Bora, and we are experiencing 40% weekly growth, 30% of our bookings come from rural areas of the Arusha region and 60% of our users come from referral programs. For the past 2 months, we have generated revenue of €1,110, and we have connected 525 patients with 10 healthcare service providers.
In January 2021, Afya Bora was selected to participate in the HealthInc 2021 Accelerator Program (healthinc.io/blog/top-10-startups-healthinc-2021/) that empowers entrepreneurs in health. In August 2020, Afya Bora was selected as a top 100 innovative business solution on the Africa Vs Virus Challenge organized by the African Development Bank (AfDB) to help combat the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
We are working to create a sustainable mutual partnership with a micro health insurance company which is based in Tanzania that has a large customer base in order to provide them with more customers and provide easy access to healthcare services to patients.
The team consists of a total of 5 members including;
1. Reginald Victor Runyoro – Executive Officer (Full time)
2. Tisha Singh – Technical Officer
3. Jacqueline Runyoro – Operating Officer (Full time)
4. Goodluck Tesha – Legal and Compliance (Full time)
5. Emanuel Saruni – Technical expert (Outsourced)
Afya Bora has successfully tied notes with great, potential partners like HealthInc and is currently seeking investment opportunities in the Netherlands through potential investors who may happen to be interested in our dream to save lives through modern technology.
HealthInc has a partnership with VenturePole, if you want to see the startup investment risk, valuation, and due diligence, click here and use code ‘healthinc’ for a free 6-month trial.